Monday, December 20, 2010

miss maylee

once i was at work. i had been there quite some time and the day was dragging on. while i was sitting and complaining to myself, i little child walks in holding her fathers hand. after i said a quick hello she informed me she was three years old, it was snowing outside and her name was maylee. i was instantly drawn to her. as she walked into a professors office i noticed that the dad was trying to have a serious talk. before too long, maylee was at my desk coloring with me. we talked about share bears, primary, nursery, she baby hope, rainbows, etc. maylee and i became best friends. before too long we were having my lunch. randomly, while eating a chip she just looked up to me with her amazing blue eyes and wide smile and said lexi, i love you.your'e my best friend. she ran over and gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek :) little miss maylee was exactly what i needed in my life right then. isn't it amazing what one little girl can do for you. now im sure that she has already forgotten about her little adventure today at byu, but that little smile and kind words, changed my mind set for the day. its the little, small, and simple things that count.
ps. love the name maylee. thats definitely going on my name list!

No comments:

Post a Comment